Last Updated on June 5, 2022 by Marco C.
In this article, we have a list of the best flowers that grow in water indoors that you can choose from to grow at home or in the office.
Growing flowers in water indoors is a great way to save money and space when growing plants at home. You won’t need any special light, and it’s a much cheaper way to get plants than growing them from a garden centre. If you are looking to grow something different in your house, these flowers that grow in water are a great option.
The Best Flowers That Grow In Water Indoors:
1. The Dendrobium (also known as the King of the Flower). These flowers look amazing in a vase full of water, and they only need low-light conditions to survive. They will grow anywhere you put them – on a windowsill, in a bowl, or in a pot on the windowsill.
2. The Aloe Vera. It is easy to grow and looks beautiful when grown in a vase full of water. It can be kept in the bathroom, in the kitchen, or even in your bedroom.
Read more about: What Succulents Grow Well Indoors
3. The Gerbera Daisy. The gerbera daisy is easy to grow and can be kept in almost any room.
4. The Chrysanthemum. It has bright yellow blooms, and it can grow up to 3 feet tall. You can keep it in the kitchen, on the windowsill, or in the bathroom.
5. The Rose. This flower can grow up to 10 inches tall and is easy to grow. You can grow it in water, in pots or in the garden. It is best for growing in the kitchen, in the bathroom, or in the bedroom.
6. The Sunflower. It is one of the easiest flowers to grow. You can plant it outdoors in the summertime, and you can keep it in a pot indoors.
7. The Dahlia. The dahlia can grow up to 5 feet tall. You can keep it indoors, outdoors, or even in a pot.
8. The Iris. This flower is easy to grow and looks beautiful when kept in a vase full of water. You can keep it in the kitchen, in the bathroom, or in your bedroom.
9. The Hydrangea. These are popular for their bold colours and their ability to grow well indoors. You can buy them from any garden centre, but growing your own means you can pick the colour and size you want.
10. The Begonia. These plants are often used as indoor plants, and they have a lot of benefits for your home. They can add character to any room, and they look great in a vase full of water.
11. The Lily. These are easy to grow, and they look amazing in the water. They come in a huge variety of shapes and sizes, and some varieties even bloom all year round.
12. The Morning Glory. This plant is a great option if you want to make your house look colourful during the day. It is also a great option if you are looking to decorate your bedroom with flowers.
13. The Spider Plant. This is one of the most popular indoor plants. It will grow anywhere, but it looks best when kept in a pot. It can grow up to 2 metres tall, so make sure you have plenty of room for it to grow.
14. The Ivy. They are easy to grow, and they look amazing when grown in water. They come in many different shapes and colours, so you can choose something that suits your home.
15. The Fern. These are easy to grow, and they look amazing when kept in a vase full of water. They can be placed anywhere, and they don’t need special light conditions.
16. Carnations. If you want a flower that is easy to grow and has beautiful pink or white flowers then carnations are perfect for you. They are easy to grow and the seeds are very cheap to buy. They are hardy and require no special care to grow well indoors.
17. Lavender. Lavender is one of the most popular flowers that grow in water indoor plants for growing indoors, and it will add a lovely scent to your home. It is easy to grow and can be kept in pots, hanging baskets, or even growing in the ground.
18. Roses. Roses are the most popular indoor plant. They are easy to grow, and they have beautiful flowers. You can buy a variety of roses that will suit your garden, or you can buy the plants in a pot that you can keep inside all year round.
In Conclusion – Flowers That Grow In Water Indoors
The above is a list of flowers that grow in water indoors with ease and without much care. Growing flowers indoors brings a new atmosphere that you will love and enjoy being around. Providing these flowers with the right growing conditions ensures that they grow easily and fast.
Read more about: A Guide On Growing Amaryllis Indoors In Water
Frequently Asked Questions
Which flower plant can grow in water?
One of these flowers is the lotus (*Nelumbo nucifera*). The lotus is a perennial aquatic plant that grows naturally in Asia and has been cultivated for thousands of years. It was also used as a symbol for the goddess of the moon in ancient China, Japan and India.
Can you grow a peace lily in water?
Yes it is possible to grow a peace lily in water and still thrive as it can use water as its growing medium.
Can plants grow in water without soil?
Yes, they can grow in water with soil or without soil, but they need light to grow. If you keep your plants in a large enough container, the water level should be enough to keep the plant growing.
How do you look after indoor water plants?
You can do many things to look after your indoor plants. It is always best to use natural sunlight or artificial sunlight, as it is easier on your plants. You can also use LED lights if you want. You need to make sure that your plants are not too close to the lights, otherwise, they will burn. If you have a large tank, it is easy to water the plants from the bottom.